3.3.07

Bye Sista's!


This is a special edition in my blog for two special ladies, or better 2 special sista's: the two musqueteers who are no longer present on Sangba Base: Alana and Klaudia (on the picture: alana in the front and klaudia in the back) In the past 10 days we had to say goodbye to these two fabulous girls.. my collegues, friends, sisters here in the project. Yes a special edition in english to honor these wonderful persons! Professionally it was a pleasure to work with Alana, a canadian nurse, who has been managing the hospital and Klaudia, who did a great job as a supervisor in the Lab of the hospital and the lab activities in the clinics. Personally it is a gift that I got to know them. Thank you for all the wonderful moments... lifting each other up when necessary, joking about the frustrations we were now and than facing in our work, laying on the couch watching movies, dancing in the living room on sunday afternoons, picknicking in the mountains, talking about life, drinking gin and tonic at prince's bar, girl talk, sitting on the stairs under the stars in the dark african nights.. So many wonderful moments we shared. We were the four musqueteers and now two are left.. It's strange to have you not around and sometimes I catch myself thinking, when a car is moving into the compound, "Ah there they are back from the hospital.." It's a strange experience to say goodbye and not knowing whether you will see each other again after such an intense time.. For sure I will go and see Klaudia, since she lives in Austria and well.. Alana might be the good reason to go some time to explore Canada. Thank you for everything! take care in getting used to the "first world" again. And enjoy being at HOME.

Miss you and Kiss you! Love from your temporary Liberian home.

Martine

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Lany said...

Hi Martine,

when I read your goodbye, I was so emotional. Go figure-ha!! Everything you said, brought up so many great memories. My best memory of Sanniquellie though is YOU! Not only were you a great partner in crime...I mean work haha, but a true friend, who i will treasure and have always. We went through a lot of things..and I truly thank God that I always had you by my side in everyway. You were always there and gave so much of yourself- you are an amazing women! When I think of the warmth of the Liberian sun..I think of you smiling and those eyes! You know I will see you again, I have a plan. Think of you "too much"!

luv lany

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home